the weight of friendship
Sick and lonely, she had lost the plot. His call came just in time, breaking the darkness of isolation and reminding her of something that used to matter. They lie side by side, the warmth of the cement on her back and the smell of chlorine on her hair; she's reminded that it's summer. She allows the sun and his honest and simple words to warm her. She doesn’t say much, doesn’t need to. Listening to him talk, she knows this is a moment of beauty and cleansing. These moments are his specialty. He offers her his strength and it restores her. Her eyes begin to tear: a mixture of her appreciation of the moment and the sting of over-chlorinated pool water. Lying on his sidewalk on a Wednesday, she remembers what is good.
Ben, thanks for the moment. And the reminder.
Ben, thanks for the moment. And the reminder.


6 Comments:
Chlorine doesn't burn your eyes. It's onlw when it's mixed with urine does it irritate the eyes.
ok first of all i'm gonna have to pretend that anonymous's comment is not true...i was on swim team...ewww...second, did you hear that some pools are using ozone now instead of chlorine in their pools to disinfect. i had no idea oxygen could kill germs...interesting...and third, but most important, I MISS YOU CALLA MARIA...i mean really - i can't sleep, food has lost its taste, even brad pitt has lost his appeal...
Jebaca, don't leave me. We don't need independence, we need each other. Come to Portland with me! It's me or New Zealand. Okay...maybe not, but I miss you too. I went grocery shopping today, and I got the cereal with the berries that you hate and the honey and nut cream cheese that you never let me get. I could buy whatever I wanted, no compromise, and it was just awful. Every time I take a bite of those red berries I'm gonna miss you. :(
Wow, Calla Maria. Thanks. And you're welcome.
nationalnurse.blogspot.com
I was just being the boring me and browsing random blogs, and I saw this and thought that you might be interested in reading it. I dunno.
That was simply beautiful.
Anonymous is both obnoxious and ignorant.
It has more to do with hydrogen bonds (from the water) and absolutly nothing to do with uric acid.
Post a Comment
<< Home