dry season


I'm going to stop apologizing for my inconsistent posts. The last thing I need is to be racked with blog guilt. Expect inconsistencies.
It occurred to me today that I almost never cry anymore. David came to visit a few weeks ago and made me cry a lot. But I don't think my eyes have so much as watered since he left. I even sat through Dancer in the Dark without shedding a tear, which is pretty serious. This may seem normal to some of you, but I tend to be a crier. There have been whole seasons of my life when I cried daily, and I can't really remember a time when I didn't cry at least once a week. Maybe I should see it as a good sign, but I feel a little suspicious. Crying was my release. Where is all of that energy going now?
I like this picture. I'm into blurry things these days. I think it kind of looks like I'm crying, but I actually think I'm cowering away from a girl swinging a broom at a pinata. By the way, David didn't really make me cry (you know, they teach you in therapy not to say "he made me feel such and such"). I suppose I made myself cry. At any rate, he made me laugh a lot.


1 Comments:
ZERO comments on a post this high-caliber!?!? HOW IS IT SO?!
HI Calla Maria!!!! I miss you!!!!!!!! See you soon! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home