LIFE AFTER GOD
Strangely enough I didn't make it to Powell's yesterday so I'm going to spend the whole day here, making up for lost time. Browsing around, I picked up a book by Douglas Coupland (about whom I know absolutely nothing) called Life After God. Unable to resist such a compelling title, I opened to the inside of the jacket and read:
YOU ARE
THE FIRST
GENERATION
RAISED
WITHOUT
RELIGION
LIFE AFTER GOD
WHAT HAPPENS IF we are raised without religion or beliefs? We are all living creatures with strong religious impulses, yet where do these impulses flow in a world of malls and TV, Kraft dinners and jets? How do we cope with loneliness? Anxiety? The collapse of relationships? HOW DO WE REACH THE QUIET SAFE LAYER OF OUR LIVES?
In this compelling innovative collection of stories, international bestselling author Douglas Coupland respponds to these themes. Cutting through the hype of modern living to find a rare grace amid our twentieth-century lives, he uncovers a new kind of truth for a culture stuck on fast forward. A culture seemingly beyond God.
YOU
ARE NOT
YOUR
BODY
I'm only on page twelve so I have little else to say about this book. Anyone out there ever read anything by Douglas Coupland?


2 Comments:
Hey Ashley...
I don't know if you'll ever read this comment, but I just read your comment on one of my older posts and it made me want to talk to you. I wish I had the link to your blog. If you'd like to send it to me (or just send me a random email) my new email address is callamaria@gmail.com Hope to hear from you. Calla Maria
Read Life After God. It's fine, but I did not love it nearly as much as everyone else I know (who are all devoted to it).
Post a Comment
<< Home